Roadside Assistance Service Limitations
Types of vehicles covered
NSD offers full roadside and towing services for all self-propelled, four- wheel vehicles, designed, licensed and used for private, on-road transportation, trucks and motorcycles. The purpose of the roadside assistance benefit is to provide service in common emergency situations.
Terms and Conditions of Roadside Assistance
Coverage does not include:
· Service if member is not with the disabled vehicle. However, don't remain with the vehicle if it is unsafe to do so.
· Towing or service on roads not regularly maintained (including private property).
· Repeated service calls for a car in need of routine maintenance.
· More than one (1) service per disablement.
· Service when a vehicle is snowbound. We do not hoist, winch or shovel vehicles from unplowed areas, snow banks, snowbound driveways or
· Service will not be rendered in areas not regularly traveled, such as vacant lots, beaches, open fields or other places which would be hazardous for service vehicles to reach.
· Installation or removal of snow tires and chains nor dismounting repairing or rotating tires.
· Vehicle storage charges, cost of parts and installation, products, materials, impounding and additional labor relating to towing.
· Service for: taxicabs, tractors, boats, trailers, recreational vehicles and trucks, dune buggies, or vehicles used for competition, stolen vehicles, unlicensed vehicles, illegally parked cars or impounded vehicles.
· Service to vehicles with expired safety inspection sticker, license plate sticker, and/or emission sticker(s) where required by law.
· Service to vehicle which is not in a safe condition to be towed.
· Transportation for the member to the vehicle for service or from the vehicle to another destination after service has been rendered.
· Towing of vehicle off a boat dock or marina
· Service on vehicles used for commercial purposes or using dealer tags
· Towing at the direction of a law enforcement officer related to traffic obstruction, impoundment, abandonment, illegal parking or other violations of law.
· Reimbursement for towing charges covered by automobile insurance.
· Towing of vehicles for disposal (i.e., to junk yard).
· Excessive use of club services is cause for non-renewal or cancellation of membership (see terms and conditions).
1. As a member, you will not be required to pay any additional fee or sum in addition to the membership fee when your service is for a tow of 5 miles or other covered service that does not exceed the benefit limit of $50.00 per occurrence.
2. Your membership continues until expiration or cancellation by yourself or the program.
3. All 24-hour roadside assistance services are provided by NSD with corporate offices at:
4. This is not an automobile liability insurance contract.
5. This is not an automobile physical damage insurance contract.
6. Service obtained from any other source other than NSD is not covered and is not reimbursable.
7. 24-Hour Roadside Assistance: You must call 800-745- 5791 for your 24- hour emergency roadside benefits.
IMPORTANT: Please be with your vehicle when the service provider arrives, as they cannot service an unattended vehicle.
NOTE: Only one (1) service per seventy-two hours and five (5) free services per year.
a. Towing - Provided for up to 5 miles at no charge to member. Additional mileage is the responsibility of the member and will negotiated prior to sending out service (extrication is excluded).
b. Emergency Road Service - Any available contracted road service that is needed to get your vehicle running (i.e. hose replacement or tightening of cables or belts etc.)
c. Essential Fluids or Supplies Delivery - Including gasoline, water, oil, or any supplies necessary to send a member's car on its way (member responsible for actual cost of fluid or supplies requested).
d. Flat Tire Changes or Repairs - Includes changing a flat tire with your good spare or plugging a punctured tire.
e. Emergency Battery Service - Includes tightening or cleaning of cables, jumpstarts, minor adjustments to alternator etc.
f. Lockout Services - Lost keys, broken keys, or accidentally locked out of your vehicle, we will send a locksmith.
Is extended to member, legal spouse and dependent children living at home and for vehicles registered in their names only.
The following items are not included as part of the emergency roadside assistance benefit: Cost of parts, replacement keys, fluids, lubricants, or fuel, cost of installation of products, material and additional labor related to towing. Disconnecting or reconnecting drive shaft. Non-emergency towing or other non-emergency service. Trucks over one-ton capacity, taxicabs, limousines or other commercial vehicles. Towing from a service station, garage or repair shop. Towing by other than a licensed service station or garage; vehicle storage charges; a second tow. Service on a vehicle that is not in a safe condition to be towed. Towing or service on roads not regularly maintained, such as sand beaches, open fields, forests and areas designated as not passable due to construction, etc. Mounting or removing of snow tires or chains. Towing at the direction of a law enforcement officer relating to traffic obstruction, impoundment, abandonment, illegal parking, or other violations of law. Repeated service calls for a covered vehicle in need of routine maintenance or repair. In the event of damage due to fire, flood or vandalism: Cost related to physical damage due to fire, flood, or vandalism are normally covered under your vehicle insurance. NSD will assist you when you call our toll-free number, but you will have to pay for these services and submit your bill to your insurance company or agent as a part of the insurance claim. Reimbursement for Covered Services: Reimbursement is provided when a covered individual contracts service on their own from a licensed service provider in the business of providing such services. In the event you should contract service on your own for any covered service and pay for the service out-of- pocket you may submit your original receipted roadside expenses for reimbursement consideration to NSD. To obtain reimbursement claim forms you may call toll-free 1-888-684- 9327 or send your request in writing to NSD’s address. Maximum reimbursement for services not obtained through our network is limited to fifty - dollars ($50)
SERVICE PROVIDER NETWORK- NSD operates through a network of contracted service providers who have arrangements with our dispatch to perform road and towing service for NSD. As independent contractors, they have exclusive control over their own equipment and personnel. NSD is not responsible for their acts or omissions.
Theft Reward - In the event your car is stolen anyone that provides information to law enforcement agencies that leads to the apprehension of the perpetrator is eligible to apply for a $500 reward. Members or member’s family are not eligible to eligible fora reward.
Hit and Run - In the event of a hit and run involving a car registered to a member anyone providing information to law enforcement agencies that leads
to the apprehension of the perpetrator is eligible to apply for a $500 reward. Members or member’s family are not eligible to eligible for a reward.
Emergency Trip Expense Reimbursement - If your covered vehicle is disabled by collision more than 150 miles from your residence, as a member you may qualify for up to $300 in emergency trip expense reimbursement (maximum of $100 a day for up to 3 days (72 hours). In the event of a collision or accident with another vehicle or object (reported in writing to state or local police), while your covered vehicle was being operated by you or a covered family member, and which occurs more than 150 miles away from your residence and results in an accidental disablement of your covered vehicle, you may be reimbursed for one or more of the expenses listed below if incurred within 3 days (72 hours) following the accident. NOTE: Mechanical failure of your covered vehicles is not covered by this benefit.
1. Commercial transportation (by common carrier licensed to carry passengers for hire) to your residence or destination and return to pick up your disabled vehicle after repair.
2. Local commercial lodging and meals (incurred in the vicinity where the collision occurred).
3. Rental of a replacement automobile obtained from any bona-fide car rental agency. For reimbursement of expenses listed in this section, you must submit a claim to NSD, within 21 days of the accident disablement, which includes your name, membership number, mailing address and a bona-fide copy of the filed accident report. You must also include paid receipts validated by the companies providing you service.